Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Modern Pineapple Quilt

A work in progress, Pineapple Quilt.  I'm attempting to make a circular sub-pattern with the colored portions.  I was inspired by a scrap quilt where it was randomly occurring in places. 
 
I combined two techniques that, I think, made this easier than the traditional method.  First, I strip pieced, working on multiple squares at a time.  Second, I cut the "logs" or strips about 1/8" wider than required and then trimmed down the width of each strip while making sure to align my ruler with the hot pink center square - either straight on or at a 45 degree angle for the corner pieces. 
 
This is sort of a cheater way to make sure that your blocks stay perfectly alligned.  I found it helpful and the tediousness of this step was offset by the strip piecing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment