Thursday, November 21, 2013

Paper Pieced Star Block, aka Block Rockin' Week - Caldonia

 
Here's my third paper pieced star!  I'm actually planning to make at least one more from this pattern as I really love this little star.  It's going to be part of a Modern Sampler Quilt I'm planning for a little  cousin.  My color palette plan is red, brown, all shades of greens, cobalt blue, with a neutral linen fabric included in all block with some room to improvise.  I sort of hold fabrics up again my existing blocks and fabric pull and include them if they're pleasing.  I enjoy freedom in my creative process!  

This block is courtesy of Julie Wallander Hirt over at 627 Handworks.  This and many more lovely star blocks available on her blog plus a Flickr pool & Instagram group too, so you can see the variety of results that can be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment